Monday 22 December 2008

Anyone can take a good photograph!


Well....... yes!


That is why I love photography............... anyone could pick up a camera as long as it will capture in a decent quality what you point it at and catch the moment.


Catching the moment is the art of good photography, catching that perfect spilt second that means so much subjectively to someone somewhere. A single shot can mean a thousand things to a thousand different people or it can mean one very personal and private feeling to one or two.


As we look back through our pictures from the past each one tells us a story and brings back memories from the past, each and every photo is a piece of history for one or many people, telling it's story in a most unique, silent yet lyrical, simple yet deep, eloquant way.


A simple photograph my arouse a thousand memories..............


Here is the first photo post, what does it mean to you, what does it remind you off????


6 comments:

  1. Walking in the woods, the smell of trees, damp earth and the sound of the wind rustling the leaves. The odd bird whistling. Being one with nature and being taken outside modern life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of going to Sherwood Forest very early in the mornings to get a bumper crop of mushrooms. Used to live off them for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever have doubts about why I moved away from Nottingham then one fleeting glance at this photo and all the doubt is removed.

    it is peace, it is beauty and tranquility..... It is exploration and the joy of childhood encapsulated into a single moment in time.

    The Monday to Friday hustle and bustle, schedule, meetings and planning become a dim distant memory whilst walking for hours at one with nature.

    Sharing quiet moments with loved ones, the joy of sharing hopes and aspirations with my children.

    I am free from the joys of sitting in traffic, waiting for trains, strangers rushing bustling without a moment to share........... for this is my place in the coutryside, my retreat, my escape from modernity (.... apart from my camera).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking that this is a beautiful photo and the connections with nature and peacefulness are well covered in the previous comments. Personally it reminds me of times when I used to go camping with the Scouts as a boy. Lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of the hikes I have taken with my husband. The sunbeams remind me of my mom explaining that's seeing God talking. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peace. Total peace. And quiet. And beauty. Untouched, raw beauty. The beauty of this picture made me breathless for a few seconds! Wow!

    ReplyDelete